Today, Fadra provided a prompt about relaxation for SOC Sunday. I’ve got about a million things I could write about, but writing about how I relax just seemed… nice. So after a day of running to church, birthday lunch for mom before she and the BF headed out of town, getting little monster to nap (somewhat rough time with that today), hubs taking down Christmas lights since it finally wasn’t raining/snowing/icy for once, dinner, and a budget discussion (prompted by sermon this morning), the boy is asleep and I can relax. So here goes…
Relaxing means drink in hand, comfy clothes on, iPad (i.e. myriad of things to amuse/entertain me) and the hubs smushing me and taking too much room on the couch. It could be classified as annoying, but I like the guy and don’t always get to see him or be smushed up next to him, so even if I’m cramped I’ll take it.
By drink, I mean adult beverage. Tonight it happens to be a little concoction of citron vodka and a splash of triple sec in a tall glass of iced tea. Feels kind of like summer. Except the house is cold because I’ve already bumped the thermostat down.
And I’m not compleeetely relaxed tonight. Still in jeans that are a bit tight. Oh well. Relaxation and peace of mind go hand in hand. After today’s sermon (including our pastor rapping HA!) and sitting down with Clark to discuss our current state of financial affairs, I feel at peace about our life, our partnership and view towards money and am in awe at how ridiculously blessed we really are. It’s surreal.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Visit all.things.fadra to add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post to that days SOC Sunday post.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.